ONLINE RESEARCH QUESTIONS: SECTION 1.1 (PAGE 14)
1. Galileo Galilei was mentioned in problem 37:
- When and where was Galileo born?
- According to legend, the inspiration for the discovery of the pendulum came to Galileo while in the Cathedral of Pisa. Describe the events and circumstances that led to the discovery of the pendulum, and state the year in which he made “his most notable discovery about the pendulum.”
- Name one more invention made by Galileo.
2. Another famous Italian mathematician was Leonardo Fibonacci
See Collaborative Learning and